This section will give you instruction for installing the sensor attachment (mounting) pad using a 2-part Loctite adhesive.
- Steps for installing the attachment pad
The bronze attachment pad is generally used for most installations. Other pads and other types of adhesives are possible, contact Symphony Industrial AI for more details.
To install attachment pads you will need a couple of tools:
- Number of attachment pads
- Loctite 7387 activator and Loctite 325 adhesive
- Flat file or other grinding tool
- Wiping rags
- Number of attachment red caps
The process for attachment pad installation:
- Identify the bearing location for the attachment pad (per VTAG). Ensure it is a good transmission path and follow guidelines.
- Remove paint for metal to metal contact under attachment pad.
- Use the wiping rag to clean the paint-free area.
- Use the wiping rag to remove any machining oil residue on the pad.
- Apply the activator on both surfaces. Let the activator get a little tacky by waiting about a minute.
- Apply a small, pea-sized drop of the adhesive to the back of the attachment pad.
- Orient the attachment pad per the VTAG and place on machine location.
- Hold the attachment pad in place for about a minute until the pad is well bonded.
- Let the pad fully cure (between 3 to 30 minutes depending on environment and age of the adhesive kit.
- Cover the attachment pad with the red cap to protect the pad.